Timing
There are things in life we think we missed.
The opportunity we didn’t take.
The person we met too late.
The door that closed before we were ready to walk through it.
For a long time, I thought timing was about being early or late. But perhaps it is more complicated than that.
Sometimes, you can have the right opportunity but be the wrong version of yourself to receive it. Sometimes you meet the right person when you are still learning how to love yourself. Sometimes you arrive at a place before you understand why you needed to be there.
And sometimes, nothing happens, not because you failed, but because you are still becoming.
I have learned that life does not always move according to the schedule we create for ourselves.
We rush because we are afraid of being left behind. We compare our lives to people who seem to have arrived before us. We wonder why their lives are moving while ours appears to be standing still.
But standing still is not always stagnation.
Sometimes, it is preparation.
Maybe timing is not about getting everything when we want it. Maybe it is about becoming someone who can fully appreciate what we once thought we needed so badly.
There are chapters that only make sense when you look back.
The delay.
The rejection.
The ending.
The unexpected beginning.
And suddenly, you realize that not everything that took time was wasted time.
Some things needed you to grow into them.
So I am learning not to panic when my life doesn’t look like I imagined it would at this age, at this moment, or on this particular day.
I am learning to trust my own pace.
Because my life is not late.
It is simply unfolding in its own timing.
Comments
Post a Comment